about stress, blog by Rose-Marie Rosdahl
(published May 1 2016)
Reactions of Stress
Problems today, are that we are overloaded with information and demands. We are always available, online, connected, exposed to, mostly, imagined danger. Stress hormones in our bodies’ increases all the time, when exposed to “stressors”, things that gives you stress symptoms.
Our body reacts with:
- Hypophysis, activity increases
- Noradrenaline and adrenaline increasing
- Breathing increases
- Sweat increases
- Heart beating and blood pressure increases
- Adrenal Gland increases production of cortisol
- Digestion is affected
- Tensions in your muscles increases
These are essential functions in our bodies, and are meant to be temporary.
This is why we need recreation. We need to get balanced.
Remember, we, people, are human beings. We are supposed to allow ourselves to relax, to be. Of course, we need to be active as well but we are not “Human Doings”